Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Post # 17

It was late in the night when the police... picked ...her up.

Handcuffs.
Search.
Abuse.
The whole sha-bang.

I watched from the window of my car. My breath caused condensation which I had to incessantly wipe away to observe. I had to watch. I couldn't cry. I was incapable of it.

They say we live in a free country; that we have the most freedom than any other place in the world. But what I was witnessing shattered my reality.

The nice officers came to my house the next morning.
"Have you seen Rachael?" They so innocently asked.
"No."

There was no point in telling them the truth. I no longer believed in telling the truth.

The Truth had Lied to Me.

A week later I crept past the tape and into her room. There was a note hidden under her armchair in the cushion like she had promised. It read:

It's true. All of it! Tomorrow night I plan on doing it.
I hope you'll meet me there with a car, because if you aren't there, we both get fucked. Just in case I don't make it, I want you to know that I love you.  I'll see you in heaven or hell or wherever we go. Thank you for being the best friend I've ever had. I'm going to bed now. Hopefully there will be no need for you to read this. Goodnight :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment