Sunday, December 8, 2013

I Remember



I remember believing whatever I heard. 
I remember being okay with hating people for no reason.
I remember judging people based on criteria that doesn't exist.

I remember learning that judgment will never be defeated. 
That being a non-judgemental person really just means
that you judge someone based on a societal perspective
that many people agree is okay to exude.

I remember laying on a tarp one summer night.
I remember looking at the stars and deciding that they are beautiful.
Just like looking into my mother's watering eyes.

I remember feeling love for the first time.
It was perfect.

I remember drinking my first cup of coffee and feeling better than everyone else.
I remember realizing that 99% Americans drink coffee.
I remember feeling good that I was part of that 99%.

I remember my first piano lesson.
I remember hating lessons until, after a month, I received a king-sized Snickers bar.
I remember my first recital.
I remember my mother saying that she was so proud, and me believing her.

I remember writing my first poem.
It wasn't a poem at all, but a lousy string of words.

I remember everything from the age of 15 and up. Everything before that is a haze.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. "and me believing her." those are the moments I remember too.

    That line was incredibly true. I really enjoyed this one. Poetic yet simple.

    ReplyDelete